- TDK-Lambda Americas Inc. (“TLA”) Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective Date: July 1, 2020
Last Reviewed on: January 7, 2021
This Notice does not apply to employment-related personal information collected from California-based employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals.
Where noted in this Notice, the CCPA temporarily exempts personal information reflecting a written or verbal business-to-business communication ("B2B personal information") from some its requirements.
Information We Collect
We have collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers - A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) - A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law - Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Internet or other similar network activity - Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data - Physical location or movements.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
- From our partners. For example, we may collect information from a third party partner in order to perform a service requested by you or to enhance our services.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users/consumers is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Data aggregators.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
- Geolocation data
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has not sold personal information and does not sell any personal information to a third party.
Your Consumer Rights
California consumers have the right to request access to their personal information, additional details about our information practices, and deletion of their personal information (subject to certain exceptions). California consumers also have the right to opt out of sales of personal information, if applicable. You may designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf by providing written materials demonstrating that you have granted the authorized agent power of attorney. Please note that if an authorized agent submits a request on your behalf, we may need to contact you to verify your identity and protect the security of your personal information. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA.
- Right to Know (Data Access and Portability): You may request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the sources of such collection, the categories of personal information we share for a business or commercial purpose, and the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information.
- Deletion: You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you. Please note that we may retain certain information as required or permitted by applicable law.
- We do not provide these access, data portability or deletion rights for B2B personal information.
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. After submitting your request, please monitor your email for a verification email. We are required by law to verify your identity prior to granting access to your data or deleting your data in order to protect your privacy and security. If you request that we delete your personal information, certain of our products and services may no longer be available to you.